Welcome to ‘Stories In Your Pocket’.
My name is Mike Jackson and I enjoy writing short stories and some of them are very short! Stories can, of course, be any length. Ernest Hemingway made famous the idea of telling a story in six words with – ‘For Sale: Baby shoes, never worn’.
The writing of very short stories comes under many different headings today. You will hear such stories described as – Flash Fiction; Micro Stories; Sudden Fiction; Hint Fiction; Twitter Fiction; Smoke Long and much more.
I do my best to experiment with them all.
Where to go next? Explore this blog to:
- Discover more about me.
- Read some of my latest stories and thoughts on my blog.
- Find stories in the micro fiction section that are all 100 words or shorter.
- Read slightly longer pieces in the flash fiction section.
- Discover some of my longer pieces under stories.
- Explore the poetry section. You will see I especially like writing Haiku and Haibun.
- Find out what ‘Goodeyedeers’ is all about and how this is helping children write.
- Read some of my thoughts about writing in general. This section is called ‘On Writing’, with apologies to Stephen King.
Let me know what you think and ‘Happy Browsing’.